Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Athens

Here's a little inspiration for those of you who might consider visiting Greece some day, or running a marathon there, or both!

Look at that gorgeous water. Don't you want to be right here?


Or here:


And, of course, we can't forget the inspiration for the marathon in the first place:


Who could forget Pheidippides, the original marathoner, who ran
from Marathon, Greece to Athens to deliver a message?
Pheidippides, unfortunately, did not survive his run. Legend has
it that he collapsed and died upon completing his mission.

Melissa and I, on the other hand, have successfully completed one
marathon. We know what to do and how to do it. We just have to
maintain our focus - we'll have to keep training and keep saving.

We'll keep you posted!

Big Fat Greek Marathon Fund: $0
Goal: Unknown (they send out information in February)
Days until our next race: 18





5 comments:

  1. I am going to run in the same attire that Pheidippides did - unless our fund starts increasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's called a marathon and not a pheidippides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we'll start putting funds in there one of these days. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could run a marathon. That would be lots of fun!

    I know you said you wouldn't do chiropractic treatment but I have undergone them before and they worked great. I just hope they do again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, I can't say for sure that I'd never do chiropractic treatment - just that I'm not convinced that the evidence behind it is sound. That said, my husband uses a chiropractor and loves it. I think he loves it because he schedules a massage when he goes for a treatment! If it works for you, I say go for it! And you might try scheduling a massage at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete