Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Off Topic


Most of you don't know that I have three adult sons.  Two of them decided to join the Army.  This was difficult for me, even though I had been an Army nurse.  I guess it's a difficult thing for any parent.

This post isn't about my sons, though - it's about a young man who trained with our youngest son.  Pfc Shane Reifert was killed last weekend in Afghanistan during a firefight with insurgents.  His sister has created a blog, and you can read it here: My Fallen Soldier.  Shane was a hero, and he gave his life for all of us.

My request is a simple one today.  If you are a praying person, please send up a prayer for the men and women serving our country right now.  And if you're not, send some positive thoughts. Our service members need all the support they can get.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Susie - it is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely praying for those service men and women daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart and prayers go out to Shane, his family and friends and all of our service men and women who risk their lives every day for this great country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kim and Marcia. It really hits close to home when something like this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my thoughts are definitely with them! and thanks to you and your son for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, MM - it means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete