Friday, November 12, 2010

Run Like A Pirate!


We leave at 4 in the morning for the Outer Banks, to run the Outer Banks Half Marathon.  The theme of the marathon weekend is Pirates, which is awesome, because I love pirates!  Ok - I love Hollywood and Disney pirates - real life pirates, not so much!

The best pirate costume wins $50!   Now, Melissa and I have both had busy weeks at work, so we haven't had a great deal of time to put together costumes.  But Halloween was just a couple of weeks ago, so Melissa hit the clearance racks and we'll make a decent showing.  Aarggghh! :)

I'll be offline for a few days, but I'll be sure to take pictures while we're away.  Have a great, ACTIVE week, everyone!  See you next week!

10 comments:

  1. best of luck!! can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun!! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about your race!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a blast! Take pictures!

    (Also, thanks for your recent comments.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! We just had the pre-race pasta dinner and they had costumed pirates there! And the expo here was fabulous - we got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to hearing about it Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terri! I'm on Tinsel Vixens with you so I wanted to pay your bloggy a visit!

    Hope your pirate went well...I look forward to reading your race report! Also, so cool about your marathon in GREECE! I'm officially jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Molly, Susie and Msxj! Remember, we are a "more the merrier" kind of crowd - join us in Greece! :)

    ReplyDelete