Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cold and Grey

And blah - I just want to snuggle under a blanket and hibernate.  I'm sure I was a small hibernating animal in a past life!
Look at this little guy - doesn't he look cozy?  And his snacks are right there beside him!


I have a little bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder - when the days get short I want to eat carbs and sleep.  That's one of the reasons we scheduled Disney. A January trip to Florida should be just the thing to pull me out of my slump a little.  I hope!

Are you all ready for Christmas?  I am not, but I will be!



Update: I had to share this.  I was reading this post at SUAR and getting all maudlin, and the dog (we have a hydrocephalic chihuahua and he isn't the brightest) peed on my foot.  Oh, well - now I'm going to be up doing laundry - might as well pop a load in the washing machine and go for a little run!



Big Fat Greek Marathon Fund: $62.50
Goal: Unknown (they send out information in February)
Days until next race: 19 (Disney!!!)



11 comments:

  1. I've just got a few things left to do, I am in full holiday mode : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hibernation rocks! But soaking up the sun at Disney is even better. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to snuggle under blankets too! And nope I'm not inholiday mode yet. Probably bc I don't get a winter break signalling the end of the semester and the start of celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disney is in 19 days??? holy crap!

    i get the same, i just thought it was because the hubby keeps the heat on 60 and it was too cold to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, JEALOUS you're off to warmth, sunshine and beaches in January!!! It's a for sure way to get these winter blahs to go away! Disney race??? That's so cool, I'd always wanted to do that! One day!!

    Have a VERY Merry Christmas! Have been a pleasure getting to know you in 2010 (btw, did you blog gift arrive? I am so scatter brain and cannot remember anymore!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a few last trips today, I am ready for Christmas. I'm also ready for spring.....ha ha ha! I feel like hibernating, too. We do the same thing--plan a trip somewhere warm and sunny to escape winter for a week. It's been Disneyworld twice, which was so much fun with teh kiddos. :-) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm barely getting ready for Christmas now! Hope SAD goes away soon for ya! It's been raining nonstop in Cali so I've been a bit glum, BUT just saw an awesome raibow!! Anyways, happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another reason why I'm bummed I won't be going to Arizona--no weekend getaway in the nice weather. Ah well, it will be worth it once I get this foot healed up. Soak up some sun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hibernating sounds good! I soooo wish I was going to Disney with you, to cheer you on of course!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Disney is going to be such a great break from the grey and cold days!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for all the encouraging thoughts! :) Yes, it will be a nice getaway, even if my run doesn't live up to my expectations!

    ReplyDelete