Saturday, December 18, 2010

Getting to Know You Tag and A Winner!


"Getting to Know You" Tag

Kim at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls tagged me and it looked like fun, so here goes:

1.  What is your favorite time of day to run?  Why?
I generally prefer to run in the morning.  Unfortunately, that means treadmill work during the week because hospitals have this ridiculous idea that surgery should start at 7 a.m., and since my room can't start without me you can see the problem!  I wish we had a safe, well-lit area to run at 5 in the morning, but we don't.  

2.  If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
I am pretty lucky in this respect - I love my job! Someday, when I retire, I'll continue to do this job on medical missions several times a year - but I've got quite a few years left before retirement!  

3.  Do you have a guilty food pleasure?  (i.e what is your favorite empty calorie food)
M&Ms in the freezer.  Or in ice cream (so they get all cold and solid).  My husband knows this, too, and if he thinks my weight is dropping too fast he stashes M&Ms in our freezer for me to find! 


4.  How and/or why did you start running?
I ran a little bit in high school, but didn't start running seriously until I joined the Army, at which point I went to Melissa (she was a career Marine) and asked her to help me.  This is how our running partnership developed.  When I started I would run for a minute or so and then walk, and Melissa was patient throughout the process!

5.  Do you have any special Christmas time traditions?
I love pulling out all the ornaments we've collected over the years and putting them on our tree.  I also love baking (and decorating!) cookies, although I think the rest of the family just goes along with decorating cookies to humor me!  Also, they don't mind the eating of the cookies that goes along with the decorating of the cookies!

6.  What race/event are you most looking forward to in 2011?
Disney! :)  I am going as Tinkerbell - although I will likely be the most overdressed Tinkerbell ever, because I am always cold!

Now, I am supposed to tag some other bloggers, but I am terrible at things like this - I worry about who to choose, and I worry about making people feel left out if I don't pick them, and so (with apologies to Kim!) I'll leave it at this: I'd love to read all of your responses to these questions, so if you feel like playing along, TAG!  You're it!

And now, the winner of my CSN stores giveaway: TMB at Racing With Babes!  TMB, I can't help you with the treadmill but they do have a nice selection of foam rollers!





Big Fat Greek Marathon Fund: $62.50
Goal: Unknown (they send out information in February)
Days until next race: 23 (Disney!!!)

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so pumped! What do you need from me? You can email me at racingwithbabes@yahoo.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending an e-mail now! Hey, aren't you supposed to be on vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being it and playing tag with me! I love me some M&Ms too, but I don't have the problem of my husband thinking I'm losing weight too quickly:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. M&Ms are my absolute favorite candy followed by Twix, Kit Kat and Rolo.....and they are all awesome out of the freezer.

    Know what else is great out of the freezer? Samoa's......OMG they are awesome especially as the chocolate begins to melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun :) my favorite candy is reeces FROZEN. i think that the freezer makes candy extra special

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, the peanut and almond ones are great, too!

    Kim, I have a weird husband - I certainly don't have the problem of losing weight too fast!

    Jason, I have never tried frozen Samoas... but I used to freeze Thin Mints all the time!

    MM, I agree! Frozen candy is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think just finding candy in the freezer is part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete