With apologies to Nia Vardalos (we are HUGE fans, by the way) - we have decided to save up for a marathon in Athens in 2012. Between now and then we'll be running half marathons (and an occasional full marathon) in the continental US and saving our money for the big trip to Greece!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Today's Mama Holiday Wishlist
Today's Mama is hosting a great giveaway if you (or any one in your family) are into video games. My boys are avid gamers, so of course I had to enter. You can read my entry, below:
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? I wish we could all be together this Christmas. Since that cannot happen, I just hope that everyone is safe and happy during the holiday season.
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition? We get up early and open gifts in our pajamas, and then we sit around in our PJ's and drink coffee and play with the toys!
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Funding for the Big Fat Greek Marathon, of course!
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? Baking, playing games together, taking walks together.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? My siblings and I loved board games - we'd play for hours. Life, Monopoly, Checkers, Chess, Scrabble, Risk... and the list goes on!
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Baking with my children, decorating Christmas cookies, playing games together. Christmas was always a happy time for us, growing up, and I hope that I have continued that tradition with my own children.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip? One year we spent Christmas at a small ski resort - that was a lot of fun! I'd like to do that again, someday!
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? My crew would love some new games - Harry Potter, Dance Master - and I'd love a new fitness game, like Zumba fitness.
If you'd like to win a massive array of video games for your family, stop byToday's Mama and enter for yourself!